Monday, May 08, 2006

Oh yeah - Portugal...

Hehe - actively procrastinating. anyway, heading to Portugal on Thursday. Final presentation on Wednesday, blah. I should be anxious and a little frantic, instead I'm just bored. and irritated. Way excited about Portugal though, all the descriptions sound tres lovely, and I don't think I know anyone who's been there (silly criteria, but an intriguing one). Flying into Lisbon, have tickets to see a concert at Rem Koolhaus' Casa de Musica in Porto... it's supposed to be an amazing building, I'm excited. Also feeling like I blogged this already. Oh well.

Overly touched up photo courtesy of the Rodin Museum and procrastination, do you like the style? Fun to do anyway.

Decent weekend, Sat unproductive mostly, Sun looked to be the same so I did some catch-up tourism... saw 'The Lady and the Unicorn' tapestries at the Musee de Moyen Age, the Picasso Museum, Carnevelet Museum, Place de Vosage in the sunlight so i actually got to go in, Cimetere Pere Lachise (Oscar Wilde's grave, amother other famous people), Parc de Belleville, Butte Chamont again, a few random churches - a good half day ;). Think I walked about 10 miles. I'm going to miss wandering and having new things to see every time SO much. Chicago isn't terribly wander-able, the well-planned streets, the density, and much better parks make Paris infinately better for a walk. Sigh. hmm i should work.... Posted by Picasa

No comments: