Sunday, June 24, 2007

Golden Gate Park - hiking - June 10th



http://picasaweb.google.com/zactlymyself/070610GoldenGatePark

Beautiful drive out to this park - through Golden and up, a few JeffCo Open Space Parks on the way that I might check out other times. There are a lot of amazing free parks in the mountains - it's kind of crazy to be able to just park and walk up into wilderness without paying... very, very nice. I did pay for the state park, oh well. Only time I have paid so far (other then gas). I've had a lot of fun learning to drive on mountain roads, I thought I'd be terrified, but it gets easier, then fun... I'm still pretty cautious though.

Ended up being a seven or eight mile hike, with relatively modest vertical gains. Went up a mountain... but not that big of one. Great payoff for an easy-ish hike though, overlook of valley and far mountains beautiful. Lots of streams at the base... I need to take a waterfall or stream-based trip sometime. I remember lots of them from Rocky Mountain National Park, maybe I've just been hiking the wrong trails.

Up, down, played on rocks and trees - fun hike. Burro Trail, for future reference

No comments: